Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Mother's Day Cards

So while I wait for my yarn to start my next weaving project, I had time to finish a couple of Mother's Day cards well ahead of time.

On one I used papers from Webster's Pages.  This technique is great for building up an area and creating lots of dimension.  It's basically paper tole.  You take multiple copies of the same image and cut elements out and stack them up to create a 3 dimensional effect.  I've even done this with photos on a scrapbook page and the effect can be really effective.  Remember this the next time you accidentally print more than one copy of the same picture.




The thing to take advantage of with this technique is that other elements on the page can be stacked on top to create a dimensional scene.  In this case the hibiscus in the lower left hand corner is an element from the other side of the 6x6 piece of paper which other wise would have been discarded.  Use pop-dots to separate the layers. 


This card was also made with 6 x 6 papers from Webster's Pages and a stamp from Memory Box.  I used a Pergamano embossing stylus to shape the flowers after colouring them with copic markers.  I used my Spellbinders to cut the circle and the small leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment