Saturday, April 13, 2013

First day post ACL surgery

There are tons of blogs charting the post surgery progress of people who've enjoyed this particular process, so I won't add tremendously to the body of work already produced.  I will say so far so good and Percocet is not nearly as good as promised.  I took one last night before bed with an additional just Tylenol, but in all honesty was no better than just two Tylenol.  Oh well, I guess I can strike junky off my potential job list.

Good news is that I placed my order for a Kromski Harp at woolery.com.  A very nice sounding man left me a message on my answering machine to say the heddle blocks I had also ordered would not be in until early next week.  He promised they would get out my order as soon as possible.  As I chose USPS economy, I can expect to wait 6 to 10 business days for it to arrive.  In the meantime I did receive two weaving books from Indigo.  One is a bit older, Hands on Rigid Heddle Weaving by Betty Lynne Davenport, but a good standard for a rigid heddle loom, the second though seems like a lot of fun.  Great photos, great patterns, and great instructions in Weaving made Easy, by Liz Gipson make me wish I had knuckled under and paid for Fedex, which incidentally was cheaper than USPS, but in my experience comes to my door with nasty extra surprises.  So for now I will read, and knit and wait for my loom.

No comments:

Post a Comment