Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Five days post ACL Surgery

So today was a good day.  I saw my surgeon, Dr. Dwyer, and he changed my dressing, took away my big knee brace, and was quite happy with my progress.  I should say seemed, as he's not what you would call effusive.  Then it was off to my physiotherapist, Marcel, at the MacIntosh Clinic.  He was pretty happy with things too.  Very little swelling, bending to 90 degrees and straightened to zero, able to contract quads, and lift leg.  I can walk with weight bearing and bending my knee, but still with crutches.  I'll have to get rid of those.  It hasn't been a complete cake walk, but the pre operation conditioning is so far paying off.  Tomorrow will probably be an icky day, as today I have done alot, so there will be some stiffness and soreness.

Added to this is the tracking information on my loom.  It looks like it will arrive tomorrow.  I can't wait!  I tried to get my husband to stop at Lettuce Knit in Kensington Market.  We drove right past it on the way from the hospital where I saw the doctor to the Athletic Centre where I go for physio. He stared straight ahead and said I didn't have the time.  Oh well.

And on top of that my grades were posted on ROSI and I did really well in both Medieval Latin, which I expected, and in Medieval Book, which I didn't.

All of which makes for a red letter day. A!

No comments:

Post a Comment