Monday, December 10, 2012

Tim Holtz Silhouette Die Card and Ornaments

When I first saw these cute dies, I thought I have got to have these.  They will work perfectly with family history themed scrapbook pages.  So I put my name on a list and then they came in and I brought them home and thought now what?  I want to use these little darlings now and not just put them away for some unknown nebulous later.

Fortunately, my mother-in-law's birthday was coming and I thought what the heck.  I used the dies to cut white artboard, which is a real favourite of mine.  Rather than the grey or brown chipboard we all know and love the white artboard is .... well, white.  This means you can use it as it is or colour it without worrying about how the underlying colour will change the outcome.  But, as soon as I popped one of the diecuts out of the die, CAMEO, popped into my head.  It looks just like a cameo.  Well, after that both the card and the two ornaments were easy.  I cut the ornaments out of black chipboard (you can also buy artboard in black).  The silhouettes on the ornaments were then covered in a few coats of UTEE.  Excuse the sparkles, all my embossing powders have some level of sparkle after a while.  Some ribbon and a gilding pen were all that was needed to finish these heirloom look ornaments.  Paper is a great way to get in on some of the current Christmas colour trends without spending a whole lot of money.  Have you seen some of the black and white trees this year?  These would be perfect.

The card was basically the same idea, without the UTEE.  I framed the black cardstock in gold mirror paper and then put the whole thing on some Basic Gray paper from my stash layered over black velvet paper.  A lovely elegant card for a lovely elegant lady.



























No comments:

Post a Comment