Saturday, December 01, 2012

A Shawl or How I Didn't have quite enough on my plate yet.

Every year my husband's company throws a lovely Holiday party.  Everyone dresses up and the season is ushered in in elegant style.  Usually there is much wringing of hands and gnashing of teeth on my part as I try to put together an appropriate outfit.  This year I bought a dress in the spring that I knew would be perfect, so that was taken care of a long time ago.  Shoes, which are my biggest challenge (blame really crappy feet), got knocked off the list at Ron White's Outlet Store closing sale.  I managed to update my dressy handbag rather easily.  All that was left to be done was a wrap.  My dress is navy blue lace and a black "pashmina" just doesn't look right.  So, in the midst of classes starting back up (lot's of latin translating) and my irrational need for a historically (sorta) correct Tudor outfit, I thought yes, what I really need to do at this particular point in time is to knit a lace shawl.  Something, I might add, that I have never done before.  The lace shawl part, not the knitting.

Check out all the knitty details at my project page over at Ravelry.





Yep, it's being blocked in the basement.

The pattern came from the All Knitted Lace blog.  I wasn't sure how easy this would be to complete in the 2 months I had given myself to do it, but I finished 1 1/2 weeks early.  I made a few mistakes, but the open lacy pattern is forgiving if you are not a perfectionist.  I have learned that perfection and finished can sometimes be mutually exclusive outcomes, so I always go for finished.  I can't wait to wear this.

Addendum:

Ooooh I loved wearing this!!!  So light yet warm and it went perfectly with my outfit!

No comments:

Post a Comment