Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Finishing up some projects

So I finished the felted slippers and one, yes just one, sock. It did take over a year so actually finishing one is an achievement. Besides, what do you know, I may just need one sock. OK just trying to evoke a little guilt. Sock two is cast on, ribbed and into the pattern, but the lady a couple of doors over had the audacity to have a baby and so a quick knitting project is in the works.  Not like I didn't have a few months notice, but she didn't know the sex of the baby and I really didn't want to knit something green or yellow, so here I am.
This is the most ridiculous plant ever.  This Japanese peony tree is just over the top.  Those flowers are almost 8 inches across.  In the heat they only last for a few days and then they're gone until next year.  This year there are a bumper crop of blooms, twelve in all.  That's a record on this nearly fifteen year old shrub.  Any more and the colour police would show up.  Best of all this year it's late to open, so I have an orange azalea and a yellow azalea going at the same time.  Can anyone tell mother nature to respect the colour scheme.

No comments:

Post a Comment