Monday, May 16, 2011

Europe Here We Come

  Booked the horribly expensive flights, and the horribly expensive tiny hotels for at least two legs of the trip, which means that since we are too cheap to spring for refundable anything,  we are going to Europe!

Joy, horror, trepidation and Joy!  We'll be seeing family we haven't seen ever.  Hi, I'm your cousin!  Again, a little bit nervous.  Should be so cool though too.

I am hoping to not only add to my family, but add to my knowledge of my family history.  This trip will be far to short and with the kids along, I won't have either the time nor the will to do any real digging in archives or records.  If I find a couple of grave sites and get a real birth date or two that would be something. 

This trip is really about me seeing something of my own family history and about showing the girls a little something about their heritage.  I really hope I don't ball my eyes out too much.  I guess I need to find where they sell waterproof mascara in pint containers.

No comments:

Post a Comment