Thursday, March 10, 2011

Wings to Fly

     Paper crafting, well any crafting is taking a backseat these days to school.  Not only my schoolwork, but the kid's schoolwork too.  I've been trying to help my grade 11 daughter with her math.  This means going through a math book and staying ahead of her to try to help her to "get it."  So far so good and her father is helping too.
     My current class requires the creation of an example of a piece of medieval child's clothing.  We're doing underpants and yes they had underpants.  But we're making doll size clothes and well I might as well dress the whole doll, what's the point of having a doll with just underpants?  So stay tuned for a doll doll dressed as a medieval school boy.

     Despite the time crunch I had to get a little paper therapy in.  I have to thank Deviant Scrap and Somerset's Digital Studio for my current inspiration.  Check out the magazine for an awesome offer that will help supercharge your digital mojo, not to mention the mojo just from the articles.
      So here's what I made.



Again Character Constructions forms the basis of the doll.  The skirt is made with the die cut Laura Haviland so graciously gave us when I took her class at Bizzy B's.  I just wove the ribbon in and out and then sewed it in place with some silver thread.



       The wings are from Deviant Scrap printed on brochure paper.  I love the realism of the wings with the stamped doll.  Of course there are Stickles, cause everything is better with a little Stickles.  (Husband and kids won't hold still and cat just licks them off, so maybe not "everything".)

1 comment:

  1. Hello Nora,
    Your newest Character Constructions art doll is just stunning.
    I love all the wonderful artful ideas you included in her creation.
    I am so glad you have a passion for creating art dolls,they are so magical.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Hugs,Laura.xoxx

    ReplyDelete