Tuesday, July 09, 2013

First Steps to Fan Expo Done





I love it when a project challenges a wide range of abilities and requires a Macgyver-esque ability to create something from seemingly nothing.  When my daughter came to me with her ideas for three costumes for Fan Fest in August, one in particular caught my eye and made me say, "I so want to do this."


Firstly, the one I wanted to do immediately screamed, "Corset!"  The shape and the way things were going to have to appear to float over the body needed a firm support.  Secondly, I saw a use for my new loom.  Yes, I have been able to combine corsetry and weaving.  "What am I weaving?" you may ask.  Plastic bags of course!  The Macgyver inside is so happy!  I won't share the character we are creating just yet.  I doubt anyone will guess, but you never know.


No comments:

Post a Comment