Monday, January 14, 2013

Knitting Wee Footwear

Mix and Match Booties form Knitted Booties for Tiny Feet by Catherine Bouquerel
 My cousin's daughter is expecting a little boy, any day now apparently, and I thought it would be a great opportunity to knit a few little things.  I knit way too slow for things like sweaters, unless I went for an adult size soccer sweater and had 17 years to finish it.  What if I got the team wrong?!  So socks and booties it is.
Adapted from: Baby Knee Socks by Blossom Knitwear
 These socks were adapted from a pattern I found online.  I didn't like the way the first one turned out.  The size seemed weird, so I shortened the foot a bit and like the resulting proportions much better.  Whether it fits a baby foot, I don't know.
Bootees from Snuggly DK  Sirdar booklet 1815
 This pair was knit back and forth, which I find annoying.  Using long circulars and the Magic loop method means that no matter how small the tube, it can be knit in a circle without using double points and you are left with no seam.
Adapted from: Baby Knee Socks by Blossom Knitwear
This is another colourway of the blue sock above.  I love how it took two of the baby socks to complete the variegation pattern in this yarn.

I sure hope my cousin's daughter likes them and they don't disappear into the wash machine the first go round.

No comments:

Post a Comment