Sunday, January 23, 2011

I Have Fallen Head Over Heels for Catherine Moore's Art Doll Stamps

I've had a couple of Catherine's stamps for awhile now, but haven't really used them as paper dolls so far.  Well recently I saw some of Laura Haviland's paper dolls and well let's just say I now have a new addiction.

 

 Here's my finished doll.  She uses a combination of Catherine's stamp sets.  Mannequin Cafe sets 6 and 8, Bel Epoch 3 and She Sells Sea Shells 2 were combined.  I thought the proportions didn't work with the dress as stamped, so I took some linen textured writing paper and brushed it with some Distress Ink and stamped it with Wendy Veah's Botanical Art stamp.  I then pleat folded it, really, really small.  I cut the original pleats out, and glued the longer pleats in.  Voila, the proportions all fit now, not that they have to, it's just a me thing.

















I also used an inkadinkado flourish stamp, copics, rocky candy stickles and some rhinestones.  Cutting out the octopus umbrella was a challenge, but I cut the inner bits out before cutting the umbrella out of the page.



Oh she is so much fun.  I can't wait to make another.

1 comment:

  1. Nora,oh how she rocks ...Great bright colours.
    She is outstanding !!
    You used such imagination in your creative plan. I love her.
    Fabulous art doll,thank you for sharing her with me. Can't wait to see what is next.
    I really enjoy spending time with you on Saturday. What a team Nora and Laura. LOL
    Hugs,Laura. xoxx

    ReplyDelete