Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I got to sleep (Sorta) and my car went for a ride.

When my husband suggested that we drive to Florida, I had a physical response of total revulsion.  Total revulsion!  No way did I want to spend some 24 hours plus in a car over 2 to 3 days.  NOT my idea of a good time.  But then my husband said he wanted to do the Amtrak car train.  What?  We've been on more than one ferry, across Georgian Bay and across the bay of Fundy.  It's a great way to cut some time and adds a little something different to your trip.  So, I was skeptical, but he had booked Disney already and really, I don't think he'd have cared if I said no. 

Check it out here.

I don't really have good pictures to share, what can I say.  The service was lovely, the food great.  We got two roomettes, one for my husband and I and one for the girls.  The roomettes are small and you share washrooms.  Sleeping was a little interesting.  As I find moving and sleeping to be mutually exclusive activities, I did not sleep much.  Oh well.  In the end still way better than driving.  We left Lorton at 4 pm and arrived early in Sanford at about 8:30 the next morning.  Once the car was taken off the train, we drove about 45 minutes to Disney, checked in, dropped the car and were at Epcot by lunch.  Quick, easy and relatively painless.

No comments:

Post a Comment