Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Vote Swapping

There's a guy telling people to vote for anyone other than the conservatives cause Stephen Harper is so evil.

I'd like people in my neighbourhood to do the same, but to vote for not for anyone, but for the Liberals to remove Jack Layton from my riding. The reason: I want representation. I want someone to call when I have a problem that can actually get something done. I want one level of government to hear my voice. In my riding, Toronto-Danforth, our municipal, provincial and federal representatives are on the outs, ie. not part of the ruling party. Jack Layton being the leader of the NDP, is hardly ever even in this riding. But because he is the leader of the NDP, the other parties, particularly the Conservatives, do not field any decent candidates. As a result we are stuck with this guy, who for many reasons I do not in any way shape or form support. This goes back to when he was a municipal politician, primarily for the reason that he loves to talk but never carries through.

So, I am appealing to the people of Toronto-Danforth. Please, if you plan not to vote NDP, please vote Liberal. The Liberals are the only ones with even a marginal hope of displacing this man. I typically support the Conservatives and support Stephen Harper but until they support me with a viable candidate, I must vote Liberal. I believe the NDP serve the purpose of keeping the other guys honest, though with Layton at the helm this continues to be a challenge. He has done nothing for the city of Toronto, does nothing for Canada and serves only his ego as head of the NDP. He may have charisma, but he has no substance.

Please lets pull together for both representation in the riding and for the long term success of Canada. Let's dump Layton!

No comments:

Post a Comment